Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Global warming

Date line: Cutters Point UWT.

Right now I am glad that republicans refuse to believe that the global climate is changing. It is a warm (50's) spring like day. After 30+ days of rain 50/50 clouds and sun is a welcome change. What is really nice is the promise of spring on the breeze. There is a definite 'smell' of freshness. (Of course, July 4th is a long way off. We have a lot more time for rain.)

So, I have finally broken down and accepted the term 'missional living'. Up to this point I thought the phrase was stupid. But now after trying to find a word that says 'I am a person trying to live like I believe what Jesus said' without using a wordy sentence hasn't worked. Missonal living still smacks of christian lingo. And I guess the word discipleship has fallen out of fashion as the word to use. So for now, missional living it is.

And finally: The first requisite for immortality is death.
-Stanislaw Lec

2 comments:

Ninjanun said...

"missional" always cracks me up, due to the sexual overtones. (ie., missionary position).

Yes, I'm immature. ;)

I guess it's better than "fully-devoted follower of Jesus Christ," which I think sounds smarmy and holier-than-thou.

Ryan said...

I thought I knew all "playground" language but I actually have never used the term "missionary position".

Instead of missional living, why can't we just say "I am a Christian". I know that this comes with tons of misconceptions, but that sucks. Missional living is being like Jesus, which is being a Christian, which is the point.

Maybe I will make a shirt that says WWJD and that can be the missional living slogan.