Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Materialism, Technolust, and Lent

For better or worse I have started to keep a shoping list of big ticket items that have been rolling around in my head. The list includes things like a Mountain Smith bag, Utility Kilt, replacement engagement ring (really this is for my wife to get for me) and other "stuff". Along with this, I would like to have a computer (laptop) at my house again. It isn't just me, the Mrs. would like one too. There is a feeling, in my gut that these might be some of the things that so easily ensnare.

We were bedding down for the night and I was explaining that I would not give up the coffee shop habit for lent, becasue it was made at the last minute and not thought out. My dear one, shot back with a smile, "Yea, we wouldn't want to sacrifice something useful. who wants to give up wifi?" Ouch, it is going to take all "40" days to get over that one.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Who would want to give up something useful? I decided to give up giving myself paper cuts and soaking them in lemon juice.... only for 40 days though.

Ryan said...

Mike,
Where have you been? Have you given up blogging for lent?