Wednesday, June 14, 2006

On the Rood to Mississippi

I am prepairing to follow the cloud left by the twin sisters, Katrina and Rita. I mentioned several posts ago that I am working with Deaf Teen Quest. It is a group of people who specialize in working with Deaf/Hard of Hearing students. AS part of my training that I have set for myself, I am going on the mission trip that was scheduled for Pascagoula, MS. I am going to look and listen to the people I am asked to serve. As much as I can tell this will be a pilgrimage for myself as much as it will be missions. And that is where I am wrestling, pilgrimage/short term missions. Is there a difference between the two or are they the same thing in concept? I tend to believe they are the same thing.

Here are two stones in my shoes that are making my walk uncomfortable: Matt 11:28 and Matt 16:24. The yoke and the cross.

No comments: