Monday, December 25, 2006

I have missed the it, just like the Romans.

Safeway is open Christmas day. Standing in line the, it occurred to me that 20 yrs ago, December 25th was a dead day for shopping. Today had more of a "light Tuesday morning" feel. When "new atheist" don't worry about Christmas as a threat to their movement because it is just a secular holiday, and I am standing in line to get Coke for the party, I think maybe I have moved beyond the holy days and into a Roman empire like attitude. I have missed the Event of Time for a grab at the gimmes.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

You missed the Event of Time because you chose Coke over Pepsi! Someday historians will look back and shun you for that!

Tim said...

You can't even talk Kevin. From now on you're choosing water over Pepsi, and that my friend is lame.

Kevin said...

We will see how lame it is when I can finish a whole game of Ultimate while you are struggling for air after 15 minutes of play!