Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Italiano


I am reading two books: "Planet India" and "The Pirates Dilemma". Both make the claim that their subject is what will change the world. Planet India talks about a continent of people 1.2 billion strong that will drive the 21st century economy. Pirate's Dilemma is a principle of how goods, services and information should be passed back and forth from producer to consumer. Do I believe that these places and ideas will change the world? Maybe in a materialist/natural philosophy point of view I do. Certainly American Christianity (what an absurd title) is taking notice of how things are changing and mirroring the changes.

Or do I worry about it at all? Should I keep my nose to the street. That isn't my person though. I enjoy the curiosity that rises as I learn. But it all should be tampered with the Fear of the Lord. If I take my eyes off Christ and his work, the rage of the Nations and their princes will over whelm me.

No comments: