Saturday, January 02, 2010

Twenty-10

Four-ish years ago I went to a church conference. The central topic was prayer. I liked it, though I think the pastor miscommunicated some of his heart, but that post is for someone else to write about. The second most important lesson I took from him was the disciple of making lists. And the idea stuck. Since that conference I have come up with one item for the list per year I am old. Here are the first two of said list.

  1. As much time as I have left on earth, I want to have Jesus disciple me in a life of identifying with him first. This means, putting my role as husband, father, YFC missionary, collector of crap, coffee snob after Jesus. This is not as easy, as I have become quite an idolater of my time.
  2. I would like to begin to learn how the Psalms point to Jesus.
  3. There is a growing suspicion that I live my salvation by works. This year Jesus needs to lift this burden from me by his grace. I hope that I will be able to worship Him more fully because of it.
There are other ideas floating around, and I might even share some of them, but for now, this short list makes a good start.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Good ideas. Good to see you blog again as well! Look forward to the rest of the list.