Saturday, December 03, 2005

Dancing with my Daughters

We have an area rug in our living room that is next to the stereo. It creates just the right amount of dancing space in for the Olson dance troup. On occasion I will throw in a CD that has a beat and inspires a desire to move your body. The other day I got the urge to do just that. Inspiration came in the form of a couple of albums that have jigs, reels and stomp tunes that lend themselves to frenetic movement. Well, with the first note we got to dancing, stomping and spinning till it I felt like my head was going to fall right off. There was laughter and silliness pouring from all three of us goofs. My oldest daughter grabed hold of my back pockets and we had a two person dance line that twirled and snaked around the carpet, her sister and a million dolls. By the time we were finished making a joyful noise there was a pleasent stink from three very sweaty bodies. It was fun. I know that some day it will fall out of fashion to spend an afternoon dancing with their daddy, but until then...

No comments: