Friday, December 02, 2005

Snow

I have a deep dislike for snow. To start off, yes it is pretty, magical, fun for kids and grown-ups alike. Many a wonder-filled day has been spent exploring new and old familiar places. Many of us owe our existence to a snow filled evening and a fire. I am not here to say that snow hasn't done many things for human kind. This doesn't change my opinion for the cold, death bringing ice shards that fall from the sky.

We got our snow for the year up here in Lakewood, so the police and fire folks have been busy running back and forth trying to save us from our non-snow driving selves. The schools have been canceled so the kids are on every non horizontal surface with any sliding device they can find, rushing toward their next adrenalin high. I am nice and warm here in my office, drying out listening to the hum and purr of central heating. I would go out for a mocha, but that would mean having to enter back into the world of white tragedy. So for now I will stay here and wait for the thermometer to rise.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

My two boys dream of having some "death bringing ice chards". Hopefully when we visit for Christmas, we can have some "white tragedy" of our own.

Mike said...

All the passes are open and I hear the skiing is great.